By Elizabeth Kaiser, SRS Crisafulli Marketing Manager
Our economic future is a topic that is on everyone's minds especially as we enter into 2012. Will our economic future improve? Will we get our funding? What are others doing to prepare?
A recent internet search produced interesting results on the topic. Here are some of the results:
What do these links have in common? Black & Veatch. From their website: Black & Veatch Corporation is a leading global engineering, consulting and construction company with the mission of "Building a World of Difference®".
At the 2011 WEFTEC event in Los Angeles, Black & Veatch introduced their roundtable discussion, Black & Veatch's Water Dialogue with the goal to identify "actions and processes to help water industry leaders manage current economic pressures."
The 2011 WEFTEC roundtable consisted of about 90 water industry 'thought' leaders and produced six key recommendations:
- Find new business opportunities or revenue streams and then, once identified, put them into play
- Determine the best source or mix of new and established financing options
- Facilitate innovation to deal with the “new norm” and to discover the next big idea
- Collaborate more closely with all stakeholders and create “one voice” for water
- Reach out to educate the public about water issues
- Optimize assets to control costs
“Economic pressures have challenged all of us to think differently and develop new strategies,” said Dan McCarthy, President and CEO, Black & Veatch.
About WEFTEC's Technical Programs: Thousands of water and wastewater professionals attend WEFTEC to learn, network, find out about new products and services, and earn continuing education credit and PDH hours. Cutting-edge technical sessions and workshops address topics including collection systems; membrane technologies; plant operations, treatment, and management; regulations and research; residuals and biosolids; water recycling, and more.
For a solution that fits your requirements and budget, consult with an SRS Crisafulli Applications Engineer or Specialist today.